Thursday, March 26, 2015

Adventures Coming Soon

"The very basic core of a man's living spirit is his passion for adventure." 
- Christopher McCandless

This coming weekend is going to be the last weekend I'll be spending at home for the rest of the month pretty much. I have so many exciting plans coming up which is perfect for me to finally gather tons of photos and videos to share. If you haven't yet clicked on the Photography and Video tabs that is where I will be posting most of my stuff. I have posted some of my favorites from the past that I still had and there will be many more to come with these future adventures coming soon.

The first thing coming up is The Aquabats concert at The House of Blues in Anaheim. Now that doesn't sound like anything crazy but to me I've been trying to see this band play live for the past 15 plus years. Something has always come up or I was out of town when they were playing. Just things never worked out that I actually made it to one of their shows. I remember when I was young I was trying to convince anyone who could drive to take me to my sisters college at UCR because they were playing a free show. Yeah this is so long ago I couldn't drive and I had zero money. Like really not even a job or an allowance. That's just a list of numerous times I never made it out to their show. So when I saw they were playing I wasn't going to let anything get in my way. I even convinced my best friend, Jimmy, to go. He will mumble and grumble about it but at the end of the day he will have fun. Yes, I grew up a SKA kid and I totally embrace that. Not sure who will read this but if you knew me in Jr High and remember what "3EM" (The Three Eyed Monkeys) is you get a high five and you better say something to me about it.

The following weekend is my beautiful girlfriend Megan's birthday. We are heading down to San Diego for a fun night out with all her friends and crashing in a very nice hotel luckily. The best part is I'm pretty sure I got her an awesome gift that she's going to love. I also know she's going to read this and it will bug her to not know what I got her when pretty much everyone else already knows. Now a night out to San Diego doesn't sound like too much of a crazy adventure even though I know it will become one. As soon as I wake the next day I have to head back home to meet up with my friends for a road trip out to Arizona to watch the Anaheim Ducks play the last game of the regular season. Now thats when things might get pretty wild and crazy. Only the future will tell but you know I will have photos and the stories to tell when I get back.

The adventures don't end there because I only have a few more days home until I hop on a plane with Megan to visit my Mom and Sis in Boston. This trip is going to be very special because I've never actually taken a vacation with someone joining me. Also Megan has never been to Boston and it will be the first time she is meeting my Mom. I think they are both more nervous meeting each other than I am of them meeting. But before those two even meet, My Sis Bonnie, Her Boyfriend Frank, Megan and I will be road tripping it out to Niagara Falls the morning after we land. This means days and days of travel but I could live on the road so I couldn't be more excited. Randomly when my Sis said lets go to Niagara Falls I knew we had to go to Canada while there. So close to the True North and not visit especially as a hockey fan I wouldn't be doing things right. Problem was I didn't have my passport. Super lame I know but I expedited the process and got that taken care of in a day and will have my passport just in time for some Great White North fun in Ontario. After the weekend we will head back and spend the remaining week exploring Boston and showing Megan all there is to see. You can bet there will be food and beer throughout and this time it won't be so weird when exploring; like before when I was pretty much some lone weirdo by myself wondering all over the city.

Now that I've laid out all the craziness of things to come I couldn't be more excited to document everything that happens to share when I get back.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment